At Phillips Creek Veterinary Hospital, we use a laser for surgical incisions whenever possible.
What are the benefits of using a surgical laser?
- Reduced Pain. The CO2 laser beam seals nerve endings as it cuts through tissue. This reduces the amount of pain the patient feels during and after surgery.
- Reduced Bleeding. The CO2 laser beam cauterizes and seals small blood vessels as it cuts. This laser energy achieves hemostasis and provides the surgeon with a bloodless surgical field in most procedures.
- Reduced Swelling. There is no physical contact between the laser and the surgical region, eliminating the tearing and bruising of tissue associated with traditional surgical methods. Lymphatic vessels are also sealed.
- Reduced Infection. Laser energy acts as an antibacterial agent by producing high temperatures, effectively eliminating microorganisms.
- Quicker Recovery. As a result of all of the above, laser surgery provides a quicker recovery for your pet.