Phillips Creek Veterinary Hospital
Pets are happier at Phillips Creek Veterinary Hospital
October is Animal Safety & Protection Month. This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all animals up-to-date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. Place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
- Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems
- Dental CareDespite what many pet owners may believe, “dog breath” is not just a nuisance – it’s a sign of an unhealthy mouth. Bad breath is caused by bacteria. Over time, bacteria leads to plaque and tartar buildup on your pet’s teeth. The result is bad breath, reddened gums, and other common signs of dental disease.
- Laser SurgeryAt Phillips Creek Veterinary Hospital, we use a laser for surgical incisions whenever possible. What are the benefits of using a surgical laser? Reduced Pain. The CO2 laser beam seals nerve endings as it cuts through tissue. This reduces the amount of pain the
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
This is a wonderful veterinary hospital! From the front desk personnel to the techs to the physicians, everyone is friendly, caring, and very empathetic! I have been overwhelmed at the service and treatment I have received. Do yourself and your pets a favor and make your next appointment here.Christy C.
We love PCVH! We’ve been taking our 5 year old Pomeranian here since we moved to Frisco (2019)! From our very first appointment, the vet techs and staff have all been so professional, sincere and personable. It’s very clear that the doctors and staff truly love what they do, and will provide excellent care for their patients and families. Dr. Lopez is our vet, and we fully trust him in caring for our furry baby! Highly recommend!Danica Noonan